Friday, April 10, 2009

A good husband

My husband is a good husband. Scratch that. My husband is a great husband. I consider myself immeasurably blessed when I ponder the person whom God has given me the priveledge to be married to. Erik continues to captivate and pursue me. He romances me not with gifts, but with words and patience, as a strong leader and a refuge. And while it is obviously counter-cultural and questionably politically incorrect, I delight that he is the head of my household, my spiritual leader. I live to be his armor bearer and helper. Erik makes decisions out of love and I know and trust that this man listens to the Holy Spirit for guidance. His humor is refreshing. His strength, my weakness. He speaks words of wisdom and truth into my life, he prays for me. He will be an amazing father. He has illustrated Christ to me and others; he has made me happy. He uncomplicates and makes my life simple. He rejoices in my achievements and builds me up when I fail. He calls me out when I've screwed up. He seeks the best for me. I love my husband, continue to fall in love with him, and am committed to loving him.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet man. My late night blog stalking brought me something truly uplifting...reminding me of my wonderful husband and the fact that we have the same birthday! Long time girl, long time.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones